My eyes opened slowly, a blurry vision coming to full view. Thick clouds, a sky. Water flowing around me, my body wet...
I realize I am alive. I realize I'm in a body of water, expansive but shallow as I orient myself upward, barely touching a bottom sediment, my drenched hair draining down my back. A seagull flies overhead casually.
I just swim there for a moment, treading water. I should be panicked, I realize, I don't know what this is, where I am, but the feeling never overtakes. The water seems to go on beyond the horizon... am I adrift? Nobody is here...
Getting a little tired, I decide to go back to laying on my back, allowing the water to cover my hair and ears as I float along.
"This is kind of nice," I muse, as I'm gently tossed by the waves I rest in. "I should come here more often."
I realize I am alive. I realize I'm in a body of water, expansive but shallow as I orient myself upward, barely touching a bottom sediment, my drenched hair draining down my back. A seagull flies overhead casually.
I just swim there for a moment, treading water. I should be panicked, I realize, I don't know what this is, where I am, but the feeling never overtakes. The water seems to go on beyond the horizon... am I adrift? Nobody is here...
Getting a little tired, I decide to go back to laying on my back, allowing the water to cover my hair and ears as I float along.
"This is kind of nice," I muse, as I'm gently tossed by the waves I rest in. "I should come here more often."