Reflection
May. 18th, 2026 02:00 pmThey told me if I stared into this reflection I'd see my true self
I probably should have considered I would not be able to readily embody that
Maybe I shouldn't have looked, but every time I look in the mirror, I see someone I don't recognize
I looked, and I saw someone hated, feared
I saw a threat to the system, a threat to beliefs
I saw someone that many people wished was dead. Someone that many wished was subjugated. Hidden. Shameful and a taboo.
An argument, relational destruction and the end of many assumptions
And yet I can't get it out of my mind
Because I saw myself and she was a kind, beautiful, and daring woman, with someone else's gun to her head
I probably should have considered I would not be able to readily embody that
Maybe I shouldn't have looked, but every time I look in the mirror, I see someone I don't recognize
I looked, and I saw someone hated, feared
I saw a threat to the system, a threat to beliefs
I saw someone that many people wished was dead. Someone that many wished was subjugated. Hidden. Shameful and a taboo.
An argument, relational destruction and the end of many assumptions
And yet I can't get it out of my mind
Because I saw myself and she was a kind, beautiful, and daring woman, with someone else's gun to her head
no subject
Date: 2026-05-21 05:50 pm (UTC)