A tension in my arms
A pressure in my head
A sense that I'm not doing enough
A sense that I'm not interesting enough
Never talking, rarely sharing
Never entertaining, not setting a space
Words escaping me
Providing so little value
Not a hi, no clever opening line, no jokes
An awkward face, no eye contact
Too big, too imposing, no personality to match, little expression
Everything that I love is bound up in my head
My inner world has so much, but it can never be let out
The losses come as no surprise
I couldn't water the plants well, many never grew
But somehow, some managed to survive anyways
It softly aches to know that maybe there's still possibility despite who I am
Or maybe I just wish I could say thank you
Maybe it'll fade like the rest, but for what I have right now, I'm glad
A pressure in my head
A sense that I'm not doing enough
A sense that I'm not interesting enough
Never talking, rarely sharing
Never entertaining, not setting a space
Words escaping me
Providing so little value
Not a hi, no clever opening line, no jokes
An awkward face, no eye contact
Too big, too imposing, no personality to match, little expression
Everything that I love is bound up in my head
My inner world has so much, but it can never be let out
The losses come as no surprise
I couldn't water the plants well, many never grew
But somehow, some managed to survive anyways
It softly aches to know that maybe there's still possibility despite who I am
Or maybe I just wish I could say thank you
Maybe it'll fade like the rest, but for what I have right now, I'm glad
no subject
Date: 2026-06-05 07:10 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-07 03:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-07 03:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-08 02:36 am (UTC)- A creative mode, where my mind is cozy and feels like playing and/or creating. Sort of what I mentioned above, and also where a lot of these writings I do flow out of. I'm interested in how otherkin ties into this; sometimes I will become heavily engrossed into a character concept where I start to take on her emotions and thoughts, almost like method acting. Back when I was addicted to roleplaying in my 20's I was in a near constant flow because it was the only thing bringing me self-connection and joy at the time and it would just consume my thoughts constantly. I need to gauge still if this is actually compartmentalized or if I'm really becoming this character at that moment? Or maybe there isn't really a distinction there? More homework for me
- A protective mode. I mentioned before about difficulty with tuning into a signal because of too much noise, This is when instead my signals start to get turned down in volume to protect me, to where I can't get the signal at all or barely. Dissociation happens here for me, especially depersonalization, I stop perceiving my own existence and I can end up in a harmful flow of "just get through it and get it done because I'm having a bad time and we need to endure to survive."
Sometimes these can coincide for me, especially if I'm coming from a bad situation like work and am still protective but I'm safe enough to let creativity flow a little, but I find they're distinct for me.
no subject
Date: 2026-06-08 02:20 pm (UTC)