I'm not one of them, I can't speak their language
I'm not one of them, I don't understand their nuance
I'm not one of them, I never lived where they did
I'm not one of them, I don't dress like them
I could never know their struggles
I seem too white
Too integrated
Too assimilated
And none of it was my choice
And it's not for lack of trying
But I'm not them
And I'm not the ones who dominated my people either
The ones here don't recognize me, I never fit in
The ones there don't recognize me, I never fit in
I can't claim any culture
I don't exist
But I will, regardless
I'm not one of them, I don't understand their nuance
I'm not one of them, I never lived where they did
I'm not one of them, I don't dress like them
I could never know their struggles
I seem too white
Too integrated
Too assimilated
And none of it was my choice
And it's not for lack of trying
But I'm not them
And I'm not the ones who dominated my people either
The ones here don't recognize me, I never fit in
The ones there don't recognize me, I never fit in
I can't claim any culture
I don't exist
But I will, regardless
no subject
Date: 2026-06-16 04:47 pm (UTC)